2015 marks the first full year of Coughlan Companies measuring sustainability efforts. There is a great start on what paths employees are interested in pursuing, and Coughlan Companies is excited to make sustainability part of the culture.
Each employee at Coughlan Companies plays a part in sustainability. From eating with reusable flatware and plates, to biking to work, to changing a work process to be more green. Below are some highlights for green choices at Coughlan Companies:
How Coughlan Companies Supports Sustainability
- Coughlan Companies encourages the support of local farmers by offering a CSA option to employees.
- Coughlan Companies returns its print cartridges in the offices to be reused.
- Recycling bins are located in convenient areas of each office. Paper, bottles, plastics and cans are recycled in all offices.
- Bike riding and public transportation are common modes of transportation for some of our employees.
- Each location with a kitchen has reusable cutlery, plates, and cups.
- Capstone has a strong partnership with Corporate Graphics, who prints some of its books within blocks of the Capstone warehouse. This cuts down on the greenhouse gases used during transportation.
- The Capstone warehouse uses recyclable paper for packing boxes instead of styrofoam peanuts.
- Employees have the option to receive paperless pay stubs and paperless reporting for their 401(k)s.
Mankato Sustainability Committee
Edina and Chicago Sustainability Committee