Coughlan Companies sustainability initiative started in 2014 and continues to grow. The goal of the initiative is to make sustainable decisions that will benefit both the environment and out business.
Each employee at Coughlan Companies plays a part in sustainability. From eating with reusable flatware and plates, to biking to work, to changing a work process to be more green. Below are some highlights for green choices at Coughlan Companies:
How Coughlan Companies Supports Sustainability
- Coughlan Companies encourages the support of local farmers by offering a CSA option to employees.
- Coughlan Companies returns its print cartridges in the offices to be reused.
- Recycling bins are located in convenient areas of each office. Paper, bottles, plastics and cans are recycled in all offices.
- Bike riding and public transportation are common modes of transportation for some of our employees.
- Each location with a kitchen has reusable cutlery, plates, and cups.
- Capstone has a strong partnership with Corporate Graphics, who prints some of its books within blocks of the Capstone warehouse. This cuts down on the greenhouse gases used during transportation.
- The Capstone warehouse uses recyclable paper for packing boxes instead of styrofoam peanuts.
- Jordan Sands implements practices that recycle 93% of the water used to wash the sand they use.
- Employees have the option to receive paperless pay stubs and paperless reporting for their 401(k)s.